How to Assess the Benefits of Using a Wireless Video Surveillance Camera
Wireless video surveillance cameras are one of the wonders of modern technology. They have gained immense popularity in , as an effective security measure both at home and in businesses. This revolutionary equipment allows you to see what is going outside or even inside your home when things go bump in the night, from a far away distance.
In a world that is going wireless, these cameras are also being used to monitor civilians in , public areas. It goes without saying, you need a surveillance camera sufficient in preventing criminals from turning your dream into a nightmare. Here's how to assess the benefits of using a wireless video surveillance camera.
Perhaps we can all agree that the fact that there are no cables is by far the most distinct benefit provided by wireless surveillance cameras. Criminals know where to use their wire cutters. A home or a business that have wireless surveillance cameras lack access point for criminals to attack.
However, keep in mind that you will need to drill holes in your walls to mounting kits to support the cameras. On the upper hand, surveillance cameras are easy to install, require less time and offer unlimited angle choices.
The lack of wires allows increased flexibility on wireless cameras. This means you can place them in any desired location. Additionally, you can move them from one location to another without have to handle the wires.
You can place the cameras in areas suitable for surveillance without having to worry about outlets. The only limitation you have on placement locations in , can only be limited by your imagination.
Also, the lack of cables makes hiding the cameras a lot easier. This comes in handy especially when you're installing the cameras as a security measure. There will be nothing to give the cameras away!
Would you like your feed to go, ma'am? Thanks to wireless capabilities, you can situate the receiver 500 feet to ten miles depending on the cameras you choose to install.
Also, other than the capability to access the cameras from anywhere, you can also watch a live feed anytime- all made possible by the featured advanced access control system. You can even go for a whole month's vacation and still check up on things back home or at the office in , .
However, just like other inventions, wireless surveillance cameras come with a few drawbacks as well. Here's a quick look at those drawbacks.
- Privacy can become an issue
- Wireless surveillance cameras can be a costly affair
- They require technical support and maintenance from time to time.
- They can be vulnerable to damage or misuse
Taking a look at the component of a wireless video surveillance camera
- Video surveillance camera come with storage devices such as digital video recorders
- A saving system, like a hard drive
- A monitor - can be a computer monitor, a TV, a smartphone or a tablet
- On some occasions, it can include a motion detector
Also, you can install either hidden or clearly visible surveillance cameras
- Covert system - they are hidden to make sure no one is aware their actions are being seen and recorded. This type of system grants you peace of mind that things are going as they should be in , .
- Overt system - this is a system where the cameras are set right out in the open. People see them; you might want then to know they are being watched. This discourages any bad actions.